- "You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there… but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." - Steve Prefontaine
- "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham
- "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." -Juma Ikangaa
- "Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of." -PattiSue Plumer
- "If you want to become the best runner you can be, start now. Don't spend the rest of your life wondering if you can do it." -Priscilla Welch
- "Ask yourself, ‘Can I give more?’ The answer is usually yes." -Paul Tergat
- "We run, not because we think it is doing us good, but because we enjoy it and cannot help ourselves." -Sir Roger Bannister
- "To get to the finish line, you'll have to try lots of different paths." -Amby Burfoot
- "We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort." -Jesse Owens
- "I had as many doubts as anyone else. Standing on the starting line, we're all cowards." -Alberto Salazar
Hopefully those running quotes got you thinking about your small business and breathed a little bit of reassurance into both your business strategy and also your capabilities as a business owner. Remember, just like running, you can find success owning and managing a business if you're dedicated enough to put in the hard work to accomplish your goals. If you need help with your website to help get you to those goals, we would love to take a look and make some recommendations. Get in touch with us today!
Kate Pierce is the owner of LionShark Digital Marketing LLC, a West Michigan internet marketing company. Her areas of expertise include Paid Search, Search Engine Optimization, Social Media, Web Consulting for small businesses, Copywriting and Local Online Marketing. She lives in the Grand Rapids area with her husband and enjoys cooking, watching sports and spending time outdoors. Like a true digital marketing expert (i.e. geek), she loves talking about marketing theory and SEM trends… so don’t say you weren’t warned!