- Picjumbo – You can browse by subject or sign up to have new royalty-free images sent to you when they’re added.
- Unsplash – Unfortunately you can’t search for specific kinds of images, which means you may get caught up in the prettiness and waste a lot of time browsing visually stunning photos, but it has a good mix of nature and other artsy subjects.
- Death to The Stock Photo – You have to sign up and then they send you free images that vary from month to month.
- Design Pickle – This is actually an image design company that you can pay to create images for you, but if you sign up for their newsletter, they’ll send great content as well as images your way periodically.
- We take our own – One benefit of having a husband that likes photography is that you can poach great pics from every family outing to use for your blogs. In fact, while on vacation, you may find yourself asking “Can you get a couple shots of this <insert the name of anything you just saw>? I have a great idea for a blog post and this would be the perfect image for it!”
Where are your places to find images? Let us know in the comments!
(Keep in mind that attribution requirements can always change. Don’t take our word for it that these photos are free to use without doing your homework.)
Kate Pierce is the owner of LionShark Digital Marketing LLC, a West Michigan internet marketing company. Her areas of expertise include Paid Search, Search Engine Optimization, Business Blogging and Web Copywriting. She lives in the Grand Rapids area with her husband and son and enjoys cooking, watching sports, and spending time together as a family. Like a true digital marketing expert (i.e. geek), she loves talking about current marketing trends… so don’t say you weren’t warned!