1. You’ll never be good enough.
2. You’re not smart enough.
3. You’re not a positive influence.
4. You could have done a better job.
5. He/she/they will be disappointed in you.
6. It’s your fault.
7. No one is really hearing what you have to say.
8. No one cares.
9. That will never change.
10. It just can’t be done.
11. You can hope, but it probably won’t do any good.
12. Today will be just like yesterday.
13. That’s something you need to worry about.
14. There’s no point in even trying.
15. You’re going to fail.
What about you? What kinds of lies to you hear or tell yourself? Share with our readers in the comments below or on social media with the hashtag #LiesYouWereToldToday
Kate Pierce is the owner of LionShark Digital Marketing LLC, a West Michigan internet marketing company. Her areas of expertise include Paid Search, Search Engine Optimization, Business Blogging and Web Copywriting. She lives in the Grand Rapids area with her husband and son and enjoys cooking, watching sports, and spending time together as a family. Like a true digital marketing expert (i.e. geek), she loves talking about current marketing trends… so don’t say you weren’t warned!