• 28% of users look for discounts and sales on Twitter
• 37% of users will make a purchase from a brand they follow on Twitter
• 42% of Twitter users learn about products/services on Twitter
• 49% of users follow brands or companies on Twitter
• 53% of users don’t post updates, but they still check Twitter regularly to read tweets
• 63% of Twitter users follow small-to-medium sized businesses (SMBs) to show their support
• 70% of small businesses are on Twitter
• 85% of Twitter users feel more connected to small businesses they follow
• Twitter users are 300% more likely to follow brands than Facebook users
• Tweet exposure on Twitter has a proven positive influence on brand consideration
What you can take away from this is that your business should definitely be active on Twitter. Just having an account isn’t enough – you need to be consistent with updates and provide followers with what they want. Twitter users are looking for discounts and information about products/services, and if they're not interacting with businesses, they're still listening to what businesses have to say. It’s important to connect with consumers to have a positive brand impact and help encourage them to purchase later on.
Twitter for business is important to the growth of your company, so don’t take it lightly. Let LionShark help you with your social media strategy! And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter!
Kate Pierce is the owner of LionShark Digital Marketing LLC, a West Michigan internet marketing company. Her areas of expertise include Paid Search, Search Engine Optimization, Social Media, Web Consulting for small businesses, Copywriting and Local Online Marketing. She lives in the Grand Rapids area with her husband and enjoys cooking, watching sports and spending time outdoors. Like a true digital marketing expert (i.e. geek), she loves talking about marketing theory and SEM trends… so don’t say you weren’t warned!